Other Resources

If you are a non-citizen who has been the victim of a crime in the United States, you may be eligible for a special type of immigration assistance known as a U visa. U visas are available for victims of certain crimes who have suffered mental or physical abuse and are helpful to law enforcement officials in the investigation or prosecution of criminal activity. Congress created the U visa program in October 2000 with the passage of the Victims of Trafficking and Violence Protection Act (including the Battered Immigrant Women’s Protection Act).

 If you have been the victim of a crime and need assistance with your immigration status, please click on the following link or call 510-938-1967 to set up a free legal consultation: